Thursday 23 February 2012

More early planting

Pots with germinating seeds
A few days ago I watched 'Fort Apache', and while doing so I rolled another 70-odd paper pots.

Today I sowed more seeds, again varieties which should be started in March, but I'm taking a chance that the weather will continue mild. I've only done small batches of each, so I have plenty more seeds if these ones are killed by a hard frost.

The varieties are:
  • 6x Spinach Samich F1
  • 6x Beetroot Chioggia Pink
  • 6x Basil Lettuce Leaf
  • 12x Turnip Rubin
  • 12x Cabbage Greyhound
To replace the original planting of broad beans, which I don't think will recover from the frost, I've planted six more of the Aguadulce variety in peat pots, also in the greenhouse, and six directly into bed five, since the lamb's lettuce there seems not to have germinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment